The setting up of the new blog has been everything but smooth, I have definitely come across some speed humps along the way but in the end it was very much worth it (so grateful for my generous helper). After a few weeks of hardly leaving my desk, starting at 6am and working until 2.30am I think my kids will be very happy to have their mum back, because after all I am a stay-at-home-mum so I can be there for my children and they have been missing out lately. I myself could do with a relaxing night out and a good drink, I think ‘The Minny’ (inspired by the much-talked-about movie The Help) sounds delicious! And actually I am really hoping to go see the movie in the next couple of weeks.
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” stars Emma Stone as Skeeter, Academy Award®–nominated Viola Davis as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny — three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960’s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed — even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times.
To find out more about The Help visit www.facebook.com/TheHelpAUNZ, in cinemas around Australia right now.
For your chance to win a double movie pass for The Help tell me why you really need a night out (or a stiff drink!).
Submit your answer by leaving a comment below, your email address will not be published.
If you really want to win you can earn up to ten additional entries, please leave separate comments for each entry:
- Like The Help on Facebook
- Follow Hip little one with Google Friend Connect (click ‘Join this site’ in the right sidebar)
- Follow Hip little one with Networked Blogs (click this link and click ‘follow’ http://bit.ly/pjPo0k)
- Subscribe to the Hip little one newsletter here http://hiplittleone.com/newsletter
- Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter using @hiplittleone in your tweet
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page and leave the URL
- Visit up to four of my sponsors on the left and right and tell me your favourite item (1 entry per sponsor)
Competition ends September 23, 2011 at 3pm. Sorry, Australian entries only.