As I child I remember watching The Lion King on video and being completely overwhelmed by the enormity of it all; the sight of all those animals, the music, we just loved it. Years later I was lucky enough to attend the musical The Lion King in theater, although I was not a child anymore the story was not less impressive, in fact, I was even more in love with it and I still get goosebumps listening to the recording of the musical.
If you missed out on seeing The Lion King back then (or you just want to relive the experience) or if you would love to share this beautiful story with your children you are in luck because yesterday The Lion King has been released on Disney 3D and Blu-ray High Definition, available for a limited time only. The award winning story has been restored and remastered for an even more amazing movie experience the whole family can enjoy. My kids immediately fell in love with the songs and Hakuna Matata is their new favourite slogan.
The Lion King tells the tale of lion cub Simba, destined to take over from his father as king, who runs away from his Uncle Scar and his home with the intention of never coming back. But luckily he meets the hilarious Timon and Pumbaa and after going on plenty of fun and exciting adventures with his new friends he returns to take his rightful place, after all, he is the real king of the jungle.
To celebrate the release of The Lion King on DVD one lucky Hip little one reader will be spoiled with a funtastic 8-pce The Lion King prize pack valued at $144. It is filled with great prizes for the whole family:
- The Lion King Diamond Edition Blu-ray and DVD
- The Lion King Soundtrack CD
- The Lion King Book and CD
- The Lion King CD Read Along Book
- The Lion King Puzzle 48 piece
- The Lion King Plush 16cm
- The Lion King Shaped Board Book
- The Lion King Mini Collection Activity & Storybook
The Lion King (rated G) is now available on Blu-ray, DVD and 3D Blu-ray, prices start from $39.99.
For your chance to win the fabulous The Lion King Prize Pack watch the movie trailer from The Lion King and answer the following question: Which animal pictured in the movie trailer do you like most and why?
Submit your answer by leaving a comment below, your email address will not be published.
If you really want to win you can earn up to ten additional entries, please leave separate comments for each entry:
- Like Walt Disney Studios Australia on Facebook
- Follow Walt Disney Studios Australia on Twitter
- Follow Hip little one with Google Friend Connect (click ‘Join this site’ in the right sidebar)
- Subscribe to the Hip little one newsletter here http://hiplittleone.com/newsletter
- Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter using @hiplittleone and @DisneyStudiosAU in your tweet
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page and leave the URL
- Visit up to four of my sponsors on the left and right and tell me your favourite item (1 entry per sponsor)
Competition ends November 13, 2011. Sorry, Australian entries only.